- Congrats! Faculty Member Nuno Maulide is this years recipient of the "Elisabeth Lutz-Award" by the Austrian Academy of Sciences. The prize is granted for basic research in the natural sciences. Important criteria are knowledge transfer to the public, future orientation and sustainability. See here
- In November 2016 the students of the second funding period (MolTag2, 2015 – 2019) succeeded in staging the first MolTag Science Day of the second funding period.
Read here a report about a great day.
- Faculty Member Anna Weinzinger received the "Kardinal Innitzer Award" for her Habilitation. The Kardinal-Innitzer award is given annually to excellent young Austrian researchers. See Media Portal of the University of Vienna (only in German)).
- Faculty Member Gaia Novarino has been granted a Pilot Award of the Simons Foundation Autism Research Initiative (SFARI). Its mission is to improve the understanding, diagnosis and treatment of autism spectrum disorders by funding innovative research of the highest quality and relevance. With this award, Gaia also becomes a member of the prestigious community of Simons Investigators. See here
- On Nov 21st the MolTag students had the pleasure to listen to David Beech, U Leeds, who gave an extra lecture where he shared his experience about what makes a successful scientific paper. The course comprised also hints and tips for writing abstracts and defining accurate titles, as well as advice about journal rules and the peer review process.
During the preceding Journal Club, one of the MolTag students presented an educational talk about "How to rock a poster presentation". Stefanie Kickinger provided precious information for everyone who wants to get the most out of a poster.
Both presentation files are available in the MolTag Basecamp.
- ERC Starting Grant for Gaia Novarino! After Nuno Maulide in January 2016, Gaia Novarino is the second MolTag Faculty Member who receives this prestigious award! The ERC Starting Grants scheme targets promising scientists who have the proven potential of becoming independent research leaders in their respective fields. Read more.
- Gaia Novarino was selected to join the group of FENS-Kavli Scholars. She thereby becomes a member of a prestigious network of 35 outstanding young European neuroscientists! Read more.
- Congrats: Eva-Maria Plessl finished her Doctoral studies with a successful defensio on June 29th and is thus the first alumna of the current MolTag Period!
- New SAB Member: Prof. Leonid SAZANOV (IST-A). Mr Sazanov will bring his expertise in structural biology to the MolTag program, which is a very valuable addition. He was happy to accept the Invitation of the MolTag Faculty to join the SAB.
- Congrats: Another MolTag Student of the first funding period has been granted with a Schroedinger-Fellowship by the FWF: Gerit Pototschnig (PI Marko Mihovilovic) will carry out her postdoctoral studies at the CalTech Institute.
- The Official Opening Ceremony of MolTag2 took place as Scientific Symposium at IST Klosterneuburg. Read more about or see the program.
- The Maulide Group receives an ERC Consolidator Grant.
Read more about this in the press release of the University of Vienna.
- MolTag-PI Anna Weinzinger received the Venia Docendi as a result of her successful habilitation at the University of Vienna and thus a tenure track position.
- Congratulations: Dr. Laurin Wimmer, MolTag PhD-Student of the first funding period (Supervisor Prof. Marko Mihovilovic) has been granted with a Schroedinger Fellowship by the Austrian Science Fund to carry out his postdoctoral studies at the Scripps Research Institute.
- Congratulations: Gaia Novarino has been awarded the Boehringer Ingelheim FENS Research Award 2016. read more.
- Congratulations: Our Moltag PhD-associate Dr. Thomas STEINKELLNER (supervisor Prof. Harald Sitte) was awarded the Schrodinger fellowship by the Austrian Science Fund for his postdoctoral studies. 6.10.2014
The department of Pharmacology and Toxicology wants to announce that our Moltag PhD-associate Mag. Tobias LINDER (supervisor Dr. Anna Weinzinger) was awarded with the EMBO short-term fellowship 2013 by European Molecular Biology Organization.
The department of Pharmacology and Toxicology wants to announce that our DK+ PhD-student Mag. Tobias LINDER (supervisor Dr. Anna Weinzinger) was awarded with the Forschungsstipendium 2013 by the University of Vienna
Amir Seddik's contribution "Probing the substrate selectivity of the serotonin and dopamine transporter using structure-based techniques" received the CINF Scholarship for Scientific Excellence at the 245th American Chemical Society National Meeting in New Orleans, LA.
- Congratulations: MolTag students S. Venkatesan and K. Saha won the poster prize award at the Austrian Pharmacological Society Meeting in Graz.